The 2001 annual report for Great Lakes Protection Fund was an interesting experiment in changing times for print design. The days of large budgets for print pieces were waning and learning how to stretch their dollars and still provide a quality piece were the challenges here. In this case, the project manager was an avid photographer and had many good shots of the Great Lakes environs that we used. We also made us of serial digital printing with an initial run of 1000 pieces and reprints as they were needed. The result was one of the nicer pieces I had done for them. There is really no substitute for a good design, whatever other variables the client has to work with.